Discus in a company aquarium.
Not everything fits in a Discus aquarium. We should strive after a
- The Aquarium:
- The dimensions of a discus fish aquarium are 120x50x50 at the
minimum. The larger the better his Royal Highness shows. And the
better biological balance that is obtained.
- In a fully equipped aquarium for discus fish you can keep as
many fish in proportion to the number of liters of water it
contains. As a rule we keep 50 liters of water for 1 fully grown
fish. Pay attention to the fact that a discus fish is a shole
- Ground Cover:
- In nature the discus has a dark bottom and back wall with lots
of wood. But then the fish don't color too well. Better is a light
bottom with a natural back wall. You can think of white sand or
fine quartz pebbles.
- Back wall:
- There are enough opportunities you can think of. For example
wood or a back wall of lava stone. Keep in mind that there should
be enough hiding places for the discus (see back walls on the main
- Note that you only use lime-poor stones in your aquarium.
- The wood should be placed in such way that it looks like there
are roots hanging in the water. (they are an excellent hiding
- In the natural biotope of the discus there are hardly found any
plants. Plants that you can use in a discus aquarium are: floating
oak leaf, watersla and the different sorts of Amazon sword plants.
These are only guidelines and you can and may deviate from them.