- 2 kg of heart meat (without veins & cartilages)
- 500 g of deshelled prawns
- 1 capsule of multivitamin with minerals (powder form)
- 1 tablet of ferrous fumarate 200 mg
- 1 tablet of calcium lactate 300 mg
- Ground up the ferrous fumarate and calcium lactate tablet until you
get a fine powder.
- Add the multivitamin & minerals powder to the fine powder and
- Cut the heart meat (beef heart or pig heart) into about half inch
- Blend the heart meat pieces and prawns in a blender until they are
roughly fine. Do not over blend the meat.
- Decant off the excess water and filter the blended meat to remove
the excess water.
- Mix the above multivitamin & minerals powders into the blended
- Pack the meat into zipper plastic bags about half cm thick.
- Freeze the meat preparation.
- Defrost the meat preparation prior to feeding
- If you need to add any other supplements or medications to the food
you can mix them into the defrosted meat before feeding. Medications
should ideally be mixed into the defrosted meat for greater effect as
some medications will loose its potency if kept in the meat mixture
for long period of time.